Monday, September 19, 2022

Big Washington Monument Washinton, D.C. 5.9 Richters Earthquake Followed Landfall Of Hurricane Irene At Puerto Rico!!! Watch There, Now!!!

Did some checking because I recalled that the Landfall of Hurricane Irene at Puerto Rico was followed by that big earthquake at Washinton, DC which damaged the Washington Monument!  As I ususally do whenever I need this information short of having the date of landfall commited to memory, is look up Hurricane Irene, and then look up "Washington Monument Earthquake" and today I can tell you that landfall of Hurricane Irene at Puerto Rico was on August 21, 2011 and looks like reports have it as a Tropical Storm at landfall, but gained strength to 71 mph over land, there, making it a hurricane at landfall just the same.

I have an infamous Twitter Message on the subject at about the moment it made landfall just simply saying, and an entry in my EQ Blog from the day, too, saying to watch for earthquakes!  Can't say I would have said East Coast, but it was right the moment of the landfall and anyways the big 5.9 Washington Monument Earthquake hit couple days later on August 23, 2011 at 1:51pm.

Therefore must say today it could always be possible East Coast Regions could be shaking AGAIN and possibly very soon so be watching!!!  DC!?

EQ Guy

No comments: