Monday, June 23, 2008

EQ Alert--Aftershock!!!

June 23, 2008

To: All EQ Alert People
From: The EQ Alert Guy

Hello,
Typhoon Fengshen just struck Manila. The winds associated with Fengshen were reported with gusts of 90 mph. Initially they were reporting a significant amount of damage and so today I am writing to say that we will be watching for this potential seismic energy to move that portion of the Pacific Tectonic plate on which the Philippines is located and it seems likely that Indonesia will receive an earthquake in the coming days.
Because of the location and direction that this storm did all of the damage, I have to also announce that we should today start expecting a major aftershock around Sichuan, China, possibly as big as around 7.5 Richters Magnitude. There could also be some other activity around the Pacific Tectonic Plate although I won’t be expecting our West Coast to get too much of this 7.5 Richters.
Thank-You, everybody for reading and I want you to know that I will respond to your replies personally, it will just take me some time because of the tremendous response!!! Thank-You, again for reading!!!!!

Respectfully,
Les Brown,
The EQ Alert Guy

NOTE THAT BECAUSE I AM NOW PUTTING THE ABOVE ALERT ONTO MY PUBLIC ENEMIES BLOG, I WANT TO ADD HERE THAT THEY CALLED ME OVER THE WEEKEND AND BOOKED ME FOR MONDAY AND THEN CALLED ME LIKE LAST NIGHT AND CANCELLED. METHINKS THEY WERE THINKING ABOUT STILL CALLING ME AND USING ME THIS WEEK, YET. . . . AGAIN!!!!! THAT'S LIKE THREE TIMES NOW ON THIS PROJECT??? WHILE HIGHLY UNUSUAL, IT IS NOT THE FIRST TIME I HAVE BEEN MOVED AROUND FROM ONE DAY TO THE NEXT IN SUCH A WAY, IT HAPPENS. LES

No comments: