Tuesday, May 18, 2010

MY EARTHQUAKE MEMOIRS-Outline For My Book!!!

THERE ISN'T MUCH GOING ON WITH EARTHQUAKES THIS WEEK, SO HERE IS THE FIRST FOUR CHAPTERS OF THE OUTLINE FOR MY NEW BOOK "MY EARTHQUAKE MEMOIRS":

MY EARTHQUAKE MEMOIRS--OUTLINE

CHAPTER ONE--It All Started The Day of The Northridge Earthquake--I was writing scripts for movies and had done quite a bit of work as a background actor in Chicago on the day of the Northridge Earthquake. In an effort to do something to help all my California friends, I began to research what caused earthquakes and came up with some interesting discoveries. Severe Winter conditions preceded Northridge, but a lot of the other major earthquakes throughout history had been preceded by the landfall of hurricanes and typhoons.
In this chapter I also discuss the fact that the World Series Quake of 1989 was preceded 18 days by the landfall of Hurricane Hugo at Charleston and that the 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens was preceded by a tornado that leveled half of Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Throughout this new volume I give that type of information out in the form of a story rather than in my previous earthquake book titled, “How To Predict Earthquakes,” where I gave all the details out in “How To” format.

CHAPTER TWO--Starting To Know My Earthquakes--Covers my first real written out and sent to somebody EQ Alerts that immediately followed the Northridge earthquake. These were Hurricane Alberto/Algiers Earthquake and Hurricane John at Johnston Atoll/Northern California shaker of September 1, 1994. I had been writing to people prior to that and I tell about knowing then that somebody somewhere received my alert in the days prior to that 7.1 Richters Magnitude earthquake and I discuss whether they would post that to their bulletin board.
I end this chapter with the story about a prediction I made at a class I was taking in Milwaukee. Told the other guys in this class there would be a major earthquake in Central America that weekend and there was. 20,000 were killed in that earthquake making this the first very public prediction that hit.

CHAPTER THREE--Earthquake Stories From Hollywood--While I was working in Hollywood I was actually IN the Hector Mines Earthquake. A 7.1 Richters shaker that shook at the desert outside of Barstow. I had been telling my neighbors in my apartment just off Hollywood Boulevard to be expecting a major earthquake in the coming days.
This was the first major earthquake I had ever been in. That was October 16, 1999 and I drove up there and took a lot pictures that day, too.
There wasn’t too much more said about that prediction that I like to call my Hollywood Apartment Prediction, even though I basically told and wrote to just about everybody prior to that one. This was also where I came up with the name Earthquake Alert, or EQ Alert, and named myself The EQ Alert Guy.

CHAPTER FOUR--My Los Angeles Bottling Plant Prediction--My greatest prediction of all time came one day in Los Angeles while I was on a job at a bottling plant. We were taking our break out at our picnic table in the shadow of Mt. Baldy when I told the guys to expect a 5 Magnitude earthquake that weekend for that immediate area. To make it formal I said late Sunday night or early Monday morning. When I woke up on Monday morning, the weatherman was saying there had been a 5.3 Richters earthquake near San Bernardino and of course we discussed all that at first break on Monday morning.
I was five miles off from the exact epicenter, the time was like 20 minutes off, and the magnitude was within one or two tenths of a Richter and as I explain in the story I might have said 5.3 Richters, too. One of the guys at the picnic table had his house almost at the exact epicenter.
This chapter goes on to next tell about one of the guys from that job, who was at that picnic table, next showing up at one of my L.A. classes and introducing me as the guy who knows when the next earthquake is going to be. Then, he asked when the next one would be. Well, it just happened so I was watching for one to strike Central America that day and so I announced it. When these guys returned to that class on Monday there had been a major earthquake that 20,000 people died in. This chapter gives all the details of how that turned out.

TO BE CONTINUED. . .
(Providing no Hurricanes, etc!!!)

EDITED MAY 24. 2010--TITLES OF CHAPTERS WERE ADDED

No comments: