Thursday, August 19, 2010

Earthquake Biz Should Be Slowing Down for now!!!

I know many of you have been following me a long time, but for those who have just started more recently like this year, there are times when only minor earthquake energy is present and I am writing now to say that. Tomorrow will be 51 days since Hurricane Alex made landfall at Mexico and since then I only have one small tropical storm making landfall at South Korea with only minor wind speeds. Of course higher wind speeds and it would have been a typhoon anyways. Plus one tornado that struck a farmstead but in all events neither of those is likely to create a major earthquake in California!!!!! At one time I would announce an "All Clear" but since there is always the chance of something just shaking out of the blue, I will not issue an All Clear per se. Moreover, I am just telling anyone who reads my EQ Blog regularly that right at the moment I will not be expecting any Major Earthquakes to strike. Pessimists may wish to note that there still remain about another 10 days to reach the maximum number of days that quakes have a history of following hurricanes. Finally, also always be aware that even the smallest of earthquakes such as those that follow Santa Ana winds of California, could possibly shake loose a serious earthquake event, but it's very rare!

Until then, mostly keep watching for the next hurricane or typhoon which could happen at any moment and be very quickly followed by a major earthquake. But there's really nothing like that even happening anyways so the term I use is, "Like calm water on a pond in the middle of the summer, no waves at all. . . nothing." Thank-You all, again for reading!!! Sincerely, The EQ Alert Guy

No comments: