Monday, December 28, 2009

PREDICTION UPDATE: San Francisco/Oakland, San Simeon, S.B., Lompoc!!!!!

This is by no means an official update beyond the fact that it is based on my earlier Official Prediction for California. I have just been watching all of the recent earthquakes at NEIC, the National Earthquake Information Center so close that I just thought I would share my thoughts on the subject with you all tonight. Here is a link to that: (Link is now outdated and I removed it on September 24, 2013)

With the amount of snow and cold not letting up and snow falling almost continuously, I want to continue the alert for California to be getting a major earthquake in the coming hours and days. With an ever increasing number of small earthquakes presently happening around Beatty and Tonopah, Nevada, and Lone Pine, Mammoth Lake, and Trona, California, I just want to basically guess San Francisco/Oakland right here and just thought I should let everybody know. Now, there really isn’t too much basis for that assertion either, mostly just that those locations would indicate to me that the weight of all the new snow pushing against the tectonic plate boundary might be pushing right along that area there where San Francisco marks the plate boundary. Also I want to note that these foreshocks kind of lead south towards the San Simeon area and like San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara/Lompoc area so we might be watching those places, too. Although, this information goes somewhat beyond my usual informative nature and well into guessing based on like intuition and a little bit of just wanting to name the town where the next big earthquake strikes!!!
Thank-You again for reading!!! The EQ Alert Guy

2 comments:

MAX said...

Well if there is one I'll let you know.. But I'm sure you will already know through haha. Because I live in Lompoc.

The EQ Alert Guy said...

Max, i basically named Lompoc because there has been at least one major earthquake that struck that town or that immediate area!!! Now, this particular mention of it is mostly guessing. . . but please note that there IS some potential seismic energy out there and it is just possible that Lompoc might be near where it strikes OR you could be the epicenter!!! Just me guessing, though!!!!!
(Note that other predictions have more technical reasons for naming the exact town. . . not this one:)

Thank-You for writing!!!

EQ Guy