Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Official Prediction by Letter to CEPEC and NEPEC

April 20, 2011

To: CEPEC, NEPEC
From:EQ Guy, Name Edited Out

Hello,
There have now been hundreds of tornadoes in the last few days and I must today write a quick note California Earthquake Prediction Evaluation Council and National Earthquake Prediction Evaluation Council that we might expect a medium sized earthquake in the coming days. The TV News is showing some amounts of damage, but I do not believe I have seen any enormous amounts of damage such as entire major towns being leveled or swaths of 30 or 50 miles and hundreds of homes destroyed noting that would then indicate significant earthquake energy having been generated. At the same time my usual saying is that if a lot of wind just blew the roof off a guys barn in Missouri, and blew down some power lines and a tree, that in itself would be just too small of an amount of earthquake energy for me to track. I do want your offices to be aware, though, that the sheer number of all of the tornadoes could collectively add up to enough earthquake energy to shake somewhere out along the edge of the North American Tectonic Plate in the coming days. In the future we will need to know the exact number of trees uprooted and broken off as well as number of homes that sustained major damage or were destroyed. The number I have watched for in the past is around a hundred and I don't believe any total has come in yet as far as the total amount of damage from all of those April Tornadoes. I would ultimately need to know what direction the path on the ground was for each of these as well, this would give us a better idea of a potential epicenter you understand. Absent that info this can only be a general alert. ( ! )

It was sort of borderline whether or not to submit this info to CEPEC and NEPEC, but I decided I should not stand around on the outside watching for this earthquake without sending you guys along at lease this E-Mail. There is now a good chance California and our West Coast might receive an earthquake of around 6.5 Richters but I suppose this one could go as large as 7.0 keeping in mind that I do not have any damage totals which could help right now to assess the earthquake risk and possibly help somebody somewhere to be better prepared. I like to add one Richter for Japan so that would be 7.5 to 8.0 for Japan where they should eventually get one or two 8 Magnitude aftershocks anyways, but they are pretty much out of our jurisdiction.

I have on several occasions found tornadoes to precede major earthquakes, and have had a couple of accurate EQ Alerts that I posted immediately after a tornado, and a major earthquake followed. Upon checking for previous earthquakes that struck the Haiti region for example, I happened to find one there that coincidentally had been preceded by a really big tornado in the U.S., and the 1980 eruption of Mt. St. Helens was preceded a week or so by half of Kalamazoo being leveled by a tornado. Both of those were what I call huge tornadoes of the size that I do not believe we are talking about so far today, therefore, I do not expect either Mt. St. Helens to erupt OR another Haiti earthquake to be the result of the earthquake energy so far generated by the April 2011 series of tornadoes in the U.S., but I also stated that I did not expect the Japan earthquake to be Vesuvius 79AD either.

Thank-You, again for accepting my submissions to your earthquake prediction councils and while this new O. P. by letter should run about 30 days, this earthquake or earthquakes will probably show up by May 20 in the United States and by then be all but forgotten anyways unless additional energy comes along.

Sincerely,
EQ Alert Guy (Name Edited Out),
Earthquake Alert of Wisconsin


Edited April 20, 2011 at 10:34pm CDT, Paragraph 3, Sentance 2, changed word side to size.

No comments: