Thursday, October 2, 2008

EQ Alert, October 2, 2008--Anchorage--Kodiak--Japan

With the addition of Super Typhoon Jangmi which made landfall early on September 28, 2008 at Taipei, Taiwan there is now a total of several major earthquakes coming!!! The wind speeds of this biggest of all major windstorms were 150 mph with gusts of up to 185 mph!!! Now this will be another major earthquake!!!
The alert for Seattle is now at 20 days and becoming much more likely to be striking Anchorage-Kodiak and then Japan as Days 21 through 23 get here on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this week. Remember this is still probably the most critical alert since it is still for a major shaker to strike the U.S.!!! I might go out as many as 30 days after the landfall of Hurricane Ike at Galveston before I write this one off. Note that those other two huge landfalls of Jangmi and Hagupit could at some point effect the North American tectonic plate as well, however I have gotten gallstones and will probably be having my gallbladder removed Monday so I haven’t been following these lines of potential seismic activity quite as close as I might otherwise.
So, for now primarily Anchorage, Kodiak, and the South Alaska folks should watch for this huge earthquake for about another few days to a week, and I suppose Seattle MIGHT still get something, but it is getting on in days there, you know. I suppose one could easily guess Sumatra, Jakarta, and Indonesia or aftershock Sichuan, China for a major earthquake from those major Super Typhoons making landfall, and remember the Great Sumatra earthquake followed the landfall of Super Typhoon Nanmadol by 23 Days and 23 days after Hagupit and Jangmi will be October 16 and 21, so be expecting huge earthquakes to happen in that date range (and between now and then, too) especially in those regions near those landfalls, but I will have more updates before that if my surgery goes ok!!!
Thank-You, again for reading my alerts and please let me know if any of you ever wish to unsubscribe.

Sincerely,
The EQ Alert Guy

No comments: