Friday, December 24, 2021

CHRISTMAS LETTER 2021

 Hello Old Friends!!!!!   

~~~~~The Year 2021 could be said to be a mixture of some great new stuff that I have been doing, but lot of it because of other things that have happened to force changes to adapt to such things as price of gas!!!  Loss of a great friend who has been real close for many, many years especially helping me with car problems lost this year and led to whole new list of arrangements to replace him, as lot of you also know having also had to make changes!!!  Like what’s the noise from my transmission when I have it in reverse?   Absent great friend who knew all that stuff, I’m stuck with no answer!  I’ll also miss borrowing tools, hoist, and fixes for the simplest things gone forever!!!  God Bless friends and family!!!

~~~~~That was when I opened the mailbox last week and got that check for the GM Ignition Settlement!!!!!  $73!!!!!!! No Kidding!!!  They must have got my address from “Motor Vehicle Department” and knew I had a Chevrolet Malibu with the ignition that can shut off at any time from the weight of the keys pulling on the ignition key!!!  Fact that I had gone to local Chevy Dealer and got the parts to fix it counted for something, although two little plastic inserts for the key. . . Filled out all the stuff online, and on THIS occasion turned out to be the real deal, there!!!!!  Extra Cash timed it perfect before Christmas, too!!!  Going to the print shop and printing out this letter with some of that money!!!!!

~~~~~Possibly biggest news for the year 2021 was the fact that your old friend also known as “Dee-Jay Les Luster” from my now famous “Les Lusters RockShow” got back INTO THE STUDIO this summer!!!!!  Have now done several of my famous Dee-Jay Shows and probably big news, too, I have my next “Les Lusters Rock Show”  coming on January 17, 2022.  For folks who may be wondering, I added “Q-106” to the list of radio stations where I’ve applied and continue to look for some really cool “Radio Gigs”!!!!!
 ~~~~~If you follow the work I’m doing on my Model-T out back you’ll want to know that in addition to headlights, and license plates from the end of the year last year, added that new steering wheel and dash board over the summer and measuring out for the shifter and foot pedals although I found the foot pedals need to go in first. . . Then the shifter due to needing to get in behind where the shifter goes, then hopefully a transmission someday, too!!!  Also giving some thought to converting it to a “Panel Truck” with lot of free wafer board recently found somewhere that I won’t discuss here, publicly!!!

~~~~~Some other projects from this year include big time repair of my “Back-40 Sign” now with a 15 Foot Tall “Timber Man” holding up the sign with size 400 Waffle Stompers and big hat!!!  I call him “Todd Bunyon” although bout 3 feet shorter than Paul in Bemidji. 


~~~~~~Also spent lot of time sanding, doing repairs, and painting Lower Garage and am considering what color to paint the trim!  Finally just today put the finishing touches on Christmas Lights!
 ~~~~~The National Ski Show Championship in nearby town sure made my birthday special this year with some great teams out there on the river and some great shows, too, and all just so happened to be on my birthday making it really special, Thank-You!!!!!!
  ~~~~~As the End Of The World gets closer and closer now, and Global Warming seemingly about to take it’s toll on Planet Earth, with Lake Mead, Glen Canyon, Colorado River, and Rockdale Pond all going dry. . . HERE”S my best wishes to all for a Very, Very Merry Christmas, And Very, Very Happy New Years 2022!!!!!  

Sincerely, LES

 

 ********************************

No comments: