Thursday, April 3, 2008

Latest Letter To California Earthquake Prediction Evaluation Council: Kind of an old fasioned all clear!!!

HERE IS A COPY OF THE LETTER I AM SENDING TODAY TO THE CALIFORNIA EARTHQUAKE PREDICTION EVALUATION COUNCIL, IT IS BASICALLY AN ALL CLEAR AS YOU CAN SEE:

April 3, 2008

To:
Mr. Richard Eisner, CEPEC
1300 Clay Street, Suite 400
Oakland, California 94612

From:
Les Brown
### ***** Street
*******, Wisconsin 53534

Mr. Eisner,
I’m writing to you today to let you know that in the absence of any major source of potential seismic activity, I just won’t be expecting to have any major earthquakes striking for at least the near future. You might notice that there have not been too many earthquakes above like a 6 Richters for quite some time, now.
Of course with Hurricane Season and tornado season quickly approaching it will be possible that this situation could change very quickly and in the very near future, too. That’s why I thought I should quickly just write out this letter to you and quick put a postage stamp on it and put it in the mail to you, Rich, to let you know that at least your part of the world, California, is currently under what I at one time used to refer to as an all clear. I quit issuing my all clears at some point along the way for obvious reasons, but just the same I do still like to go around and tell everybody when there ISN’T supposed to be any earthquakes as well. I feel that ultimately it is as important to the people in the most affected areas as my actual EQ Alerts are. Earthquakes generally are unheard of during what I no longer refer to as all clear periods, I’m telling you mostly like for later reference.
With that having been said, I hope you and everybody at The California Earthquake Prediction Evaluation Council, CEPEC, will watch and notice that California will not be getting any major earthquakes…..that is at least until I issue my next unofficial EQ Alert letting everybody know when one is coming! Note that in general this message will also apply to the National Earthquake Prediction Evaluation Council, (NEPEC?) but the last I knew they were not evaluating predictions, per se.
Thank-You, again, Mr. Eisner for everything!!!



Respectfully,


Les Brown,
Carpenter, Actor, Writer, EQ Guy

LB/lb

No comments: