Saturday, December 6, 2008

EQ Alert: Super Moon!!!!!

Right at the moment there is not too much to worry about as far a the recent Southern California shaker being a big one. While there may be a medium sized one coming for somebody somewhere, the only major source of potential seismic activity currently gunning for us here in the U.S. is that from the landfall of Hurricane Paloma at Cuba on November 8, 2008 and Day 31 after that landfall will be on December 9, 2008, so that day or one of the couple following and especially the NIGHT OF THE FULL MOON, will really worry me a lot, especially because I seem to have heard somewhere that this is supposed to be a SUPER MOON!!!!! Now, there hasn’t really been that much press about this Super Moon but I do have to say that it had been talked about among me and other earthquake professionals for a number of years now, and it is just a few days away. I’m also kind of worried that Venice, France just recently had a bout with extremely high tides which is one of the things that adds worry to this theory for me the most.
So, we will especially watch out THAT NIGHT or like the night of December 12 or next Friday for what could actually just be the amount of potential seismic activity now circulating somewhere compounded by whatever amount of unusual tide we get that night. And experience has taught me to watch out a couple days before and after the full moon as well for whatever reason. I kind of want to answer yes to anyone who was going to ask if this alert is for California and our West Coast, but since I’ve only been using full moon for just one year now, let’s watch all around the Pacific Tectonic Plate.
Thank-You, again for reading!!!

The EQ Alert Guy

No comments: