Wednesday, June 29, 2016

5.8 Richters Vanuatu Tells Us There Is Still Some Major Earthquake Energy Out There!!! Figuring Out That New USGS Website!!!

Let me start this EQ Blog off today with the one single earthquake that I thought I might mention due to it being just slightly bigger than ones caused by the world turning:

5.8 - 76km WNW of Port-Olry, Vanuatu

Time: 2016-06-28 17:46pm Central Time

Nearby Places
47.2 Miles WNW of Port-Olry, Vanuatu
75 Miles NW of Luganville, Vanuatu
243 Miles NNW of Port-Vila, Vanuatu

All right there along that tectonic plate boundary where we COULD still get a major earthquake/tsunami at some point although I recall giving that at 6 or 7 Richters and it could still get bigger so keep watching!!!

If you checked out that new USGS page with the latest earthquakes, on Tuesday. . . I couldn't even get it to work at all. As of this writing I continue to be not able to move the map around and on my "SmartPhone" can't even get the list to scroll!!!

In order to get the big list and prepare for todays EQ Blog, it was necessary for me to keep trying to figure out how to get the list moving and I figured out that because it IS a brand-new page it was only missing the fact that it needed then to be set-up apparently all over again! So. . .looks like one adjustment it needed was the button that said "Show Only Earthquakes On Map" and then the result was that it did do that, finally. Other of course now simply orders that I did not at first know I'd have to be doing all over from scratch again, and that was why it wasn't showing the "Times" in my usual Central Time? Naturally there was a button for that, too, and you'll need to make those adjustments yourselves if you're using that page which I gave the link to yesterday and again if you wish to view it you may go to yesterdays EQ Blog.

This Weeks EQ Blog is "New EQ Alert: Los Angeles For 5.8 Richters" If you haven't seen it CLICK Arrow: SEE New EQ Alert L.A. "Earthquake Minute" At You-Tube@ https://youtu.be/x_Aoox6X49A AND The Transcript @ http://earthquakealert3.blogspot.com/2016/06/new-eq-alert-los-angeles-earthquake.html

And of course todays EQ blog would have to end this way. . . I was NOT able to simply download this list from that website that I just got done saying I had figured out!!! So here's the most recent, although I'll need more time to figure out how in the world I'd ever post a real list because they now download VERY differently!!!

4.4 21km S of Sary-Tash, Kyrgyzstan 2016-06-28 17:57:53
5.4 27km SSE of Sary-Tash, Kyrgyzstan 2016-06-28 16:38:05
4.9 27km SSE of Sary-Tash, Kyrgyzstan 2016-06-28 07:43:16
4.5 26km SSE of Sary-Tash, Kyrgyzstan 2016-06-28 04:07:22
4.4 37km SSE of Sary-Tash, Kyrgyzstan 2016-06-27 16:54:40
5.3 40km SE of Sary-Tash, Kyrgyzstan 2016-06-27 14:28:50

My last bit of worthy news today is the fact that it looked and felt mighty dark coming home from work late on Tuesday Night and so I thought I'd check and see if I wasn't or hadn't already missed the New Moon!? Well, come to find out that the next New Moon along with all of it's added pull wherever that might end up being will be on July 4 at 4:03 probably Universal Time so at the very least it'll be late on July 23 like 11pm Central and 9pm Pacific!!! I'll sure try to be on here with an update before then!!! EQ Guy



There's a lot of my very best earthquake stuff in My E-Book, "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" @ http://www.eqalert2.blogspot.com Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy

In the event you're reading this because you heard "Earthquake Minute" on one of the big Radio Networks somewhere, I have a page with all my "Bio Information" from my EQ Radio Show@ http://earthquakealert.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-eq-radio-show-monday-night-sept-30.html and it will have a lot of answers and some of my best stuff! Thank-You For Listening, Too!!! EQ Guy

No comments: