Friday, August 1, 2008

EQ Alert, August 1, 2008

August 1, 2008

To:
All EQ Alert People
From:
The EQ Alert Guy

Hello,
There was a significant shaker around Sichuan, China earlier today and I want to take this time to say that we will be watching very closely for a major aftershock up in that region in the coming days, since I routinely follow the potential seismic activity whenever major hurricanes and typhoons make landfall and we have had BOTH in just the last few days and weeks.
So, basically all those regions up near the top of the Indian Ocean/Australian Tectonic Plate could be affected like this week or next. I expect this upcoming major earthquake to be in the range of about 6.7 to 8 Richters Magnitude and it is a sure thing that this will strike somewhere. Hurricane Dolly had reportedly did around 1.5 Billion dollars damage according to one message I recently received from one of my new text message friends!
While I had continued my watch for Northern California, as the days go on it is less and less likely that anything else will happen in California. And with all I have had to do around here, I’m very sorry to say I did not get around to sending the usual Next Day Air Letter to The California Earthquake Prediction Evaluation Council and still have the file saved where I initially began the draft dated July 23, 2008 which incidentally was the same day my mom got home from her vacation to the Grand Canyon, and so I had all that stuff to do you understand. Although I had also stated in earlier writings that chances for California were unlikely, but I did know that the San Bernardino area has the San Andreas Fault going virtually east and west and that there could be some activity right at that point as the results of Hurricane Dolly pushing the North American tectonic plate around.
Great show with Professor Richard Allen of Berkeley on “The O’Reilly Factor” with Bill O’Reilly last night as well, just simply awesome seeing all the latest on the Los Angeles earthquake from somebody as professional and well dressed as The Professor!!!!! Great Show!!!!! I always enjoy seeing some of my very own actual earthquake friends, he receives this letter you know, seeing all of you out there helping the people like to be prepared, etc.!!!!! Thank-You all for that, too!!!

Respectfully,
Les Brown,
The EQ Alert Guy

No comments: