Sunday, February 8, 2009

Full Moon-Alaska Volcano Alert

I just checked the map of most recent earthquakes for Alaska and see the most recent one listed for the region around that volcano was early Wednesday morning, February 4. The nearest most recent one was today a 2.0 around a hundred miles from it. There have been several tiny ones in that region, but I think that is fairly usual.
Now, the full moon will be Monday Night and so I just thought I should write tonight to say that the full moon has been responsible for some additional seismic activity since I have incorporated it into my EQ Alert Theory last year and tonight and tomorrow night it will increase slightly the chances for a small earthquake in the region around that volcano, but I want to note that there is really nothing in the way of potential seismic energy right at the moment as far as I know from routinely tracking such energies. So, while the likelihood will increase slightly for the next few days. . . It will be increasing from zero to only very, very slight or from no chance at all of anything happening to practically no chance. I will let you all know as soon as there are any earthquakes at all heading for us!
Thank-You, again for reading!

EQ Guy

No comments: