Friday, February 13, 2009

New EQ Alert: California, West Coast, Alaska!!!

February 13, 2009

To: All EQ Alert People
From: The EQ Alert Guy

Hello,
The information that I have seen so far that is available indicates to me that this new upcoming earthquake will be a major shaker!!! I seen the preliminary numbers for amount of damage and they had quite a lot of houses damaged and destroyed in the recent tornado. There will now be an almost equal amount of damage from the earthquake that will follow.
As of tonight there has also been a large number of earthquakes shaking over around Indonesia all of which started on Wednesday afternoon. While I haven’t exactly added up the total number of Richters in that whole swarm, I can tell you that the Twitter notifications coming to my cell phone via text message have been enormous for the last day or so, every one of them that was 5 Richters or larger causes my phone to chime! I just checked and it was about 25 dollars worth of text messages, so it’s a lot of Richters!
Right at the moment I am thinking seriously about writing up an Official Prediction to file with the California Earthquake Prediction Evaluation Council, but until then I want everybody to know that this new upcoming major earthquake could strike our West Coast at just about any moment now!!! The exact magnitude should be around 6.8 Richters and California does have just enough of a chance that I suppose I probably should write to them especially, for now this letter will have to do. The only reason that I am not submitting to CEPEC directly is because there is still a very good chance that it could strike North of California or as far north as Alaska and whether or not it will affect the Alaska Volcano Redoubt I will say that it IS likely to. Further, the possibility will now exist for a major eruption, of course I still do not believe that this potential seismic energy knows where that volcano is up there and that it seems far more likely to cruise past that region and just strike randomly some other spot on the globe! Of course there WILL be that chance that it will strike AT or very near Mt. Redoubt. In all scenarios if you are up around Mount Redoubt expect at least some minor activity in the coming days because the tectonic plates are bumping around slightly, however keep in mind that it is my opinion that a major earthquake has to strike the volcano directly to effect a major eruption and while one may even strike the Alaska region, it is doubtful it will strike right at Mt. Redoubt.
For the coming days and into next week let us keep our eyes on the San Andreas Fault and especially like around San Francisco for a major earthquake to strike. This will basically just be the North American tectonic plate being pushed against the Pacific Plate which likes to move north and south out at that shaky tectonic plate boundary you know.
Thank-You, again for reading!!!

Sincerely,
The EQ Alert Guy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There may be interest in www.urbansurvival.com/week.htm among readers...george ure makes a reference to themes of earthquakes in part...