Wednesday, February 11, 2009

New Seismic Energy--New EQ Alert Coming!!!!!

The news is just coming in about a tornado that has done damage around Oklahoma City. Judging by the amount of damage shown on TV and in the newspapers I have to now report that it looks like we will want to consider this a potential source of major seismic activity!!!

I will have a fully written out alert on this subject in the next day or two, but for now realize that the Mt. Saint Helens eruption of 1980 was preceded a few days by a tornado that destroyed half of Kalamazoo and there are a number of other very close correlations such as that.

This tornado was big enough to cause a significant earthquake especially for now let's watch out along the tectonic plate margins such as California, Oregon and Washington. This will also include a chance for major seismic activity in and around Alaska so begin watching Mt. Redoubt much closer immediately.

An update and a full alert will follow. This is my own personal unofficial letter that I send to my friends who enjoy my opinion of things seismic and I do not represent anybody when I give out my opinion. Thank-You for reading!!!

Respectfully,
The EQ Alert Guy

No comments: