Monday, August 8, 2016

Looking For Good Maps of Fault Lines Around South America, and Rio De Janeiro!!! Here's What I've found So Far! Plus This Weeks "Earthquake Minute"!!!

Now I'm quite sure there have been other earthquakes since I posted this one here awaiting this Monday EQ Blog, but at the time Santa Ynez looked daunting to me and so here's Mondays lead story with just a few other bits to fill in the space around "earthquake Minute" which I do hope you'll watch!!! Check this one out and the Nearby Places with the Felt Report following:

3.0 - 13km SE of Santa Ynez, CA
2016-08-05 15:45:52 UTC 34.540°N 119.966°W 0.9 km depth

Nearby Places:
Santa Ynez, CA 13.0 km (8.1 mi) SE
Solvang, CA 17.0 km (10.6 mi) ESE
Isla Vista, CA 17.0 km (10.6 mi) NW
Goleta, CA 17.0 km (10.6 mi) NW
Santa Barbara, CA 28.0 km (17.4 mi) WNW

City....State.Zip.USA....................................#......Km
Goleta, CA 93117 United States of America.........63......8 km
Santa Barbara, CA 93106 United States of America...9.....17 km
Santa Barbara, CA 93111 United States of America...1.....17 km
Santa Barbara, CA 93105 United States of America...1.....18 km
San Luis Obispo, CA 93401 United States of America.1.....97 km

This is where we get a look at this weeks Opening Ceremonies "Earthquake Minute"!!! CLICK Arrow: SEE That Video At YouTube@ https://youtu.be/uxmc2cYPtOI And The Transcript is @ http://earthquakealert3.blogspot.com/2016/08/opening-ceremonies-earthquake-minute.html

Checking the Rio De Janeiro area for fault lines and I discovered that it doesn't look like any earthquakes at all there, possibly ever. That was until I went and sorted all through the rest of them on this historic seismicity drawing and discovered Mt. Vesuvius didn't have any earthquakes there, either! Ever! Or at least apparently according to this otherwise fairly official looking map there! So, just thought I'd go on to check and Lisbon, Portugal apparently none either!!! Therefore until I can figure out how this otherwise highly accurate looking and official looking map with supposedly all the earthquakes on it came from works, then that's all I know for now. From that I might almost be able to honestly tell you something COULD very well shake in the Rio De Janeiro Region and maybe it could even possibly be something BIG!!! That is until I locate a map like that one only with the big Lisbon, Portugal Earthquake. . . and at least some mention of all the shaking that MUST have taken place around Mount Vesuvius at some point in time!!! At least like in the movie, anyways. EQ Guy



There's a lot of my very best earthquake stuff in My E-Book, "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" @ http://www.eqalert2.blogspot.com Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy

In the event you're reading this because you heard "Earthquake Minute" on one of the big Radio Networks somewhere, I have a page with all my "Bio Information" from my EQ Radio Show@ http://earthquakealert.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-eq-radio-show-monday-night-sept-30.html and it will have a lot of answers and some of my best stuff! Thank-You For Listening, Too!!! EQ Guy

No comments: