Saturday, January 24, 2015

1.9 Richters Long Beach, California!!! Felt in Torrance!!! Adapting To New "Latest Earthquakes" List! AND New Job in California For The EQ Guy???

I guess looking closer at that Long Beach Earthquake it was actually early on Friday Morning, just that 1.9 was hardly worth posting an update on. When I just now saw the felt report, though, I decided it was worthy of my headline story for Saturday unless something else comes along you know. Also, I just completed my online application for a job at a radio station in a small community in California where I know a lot of people and have a good chance of getting a job there! Nearby one construction job I worked at while out there, and near enough to the Pacific that I can stay at many of the campgrounds out there if I do get this!!! Now let's move on to my long awaited discussion of the landfall of Hurricane Bret at Texas/Mexico in August of 1999.

Here is a great old pic I found of Hurricane Bret which made landfall just to the south of Texas in August of 1999:
You can see in this here pic that the line of the direct landfall there points STRAIGHT towards Los Angeles according to my "Go Straight Theory" and this one actually resulted in a big one there, too!!! This is a pic of the exact track that was taken by huge Hurricane Bret back in August of 1999 and it was Day 55 when the 7.1 Richters Hector Mine Earthquake struck Los Angeles and still a few more days before Day 55 after the landfall of Typhoon Hagupit. . . in case anybody is keeping track.

UPDATE: Just uploaded this weeks EQ Podcast about Yellowstone New Moon Earthquakes! CLICK Arrow: Thank-You For Listening!!!

So far their new system for listing those felt reports at USGS that we have long been enjoying. . . does not seem to be working out too well for myself and the folks at Earthquake Central. Take a look at what the felt report from Fridays 4 Richter Earthquake at Oklahoma looks like with all of those fancy "Roman Numerals" it may take some time to figure out a new way to upload that information! It's certainly not going to be automatic:

Location. MMI. Responses. Distance
Lahoma, OK 73754.United States of America. III. 2. 6
Enid, OK 73703.United States of America. III. 18. 10
Meno, OK 73760.United States of America. IV. 1. 12
Drummond, OK 73735.United States of America. III. 2. 14
Waukomis, OK 73773.United States of America. III. 2. 17
Enid, OK 73701.United States of America. IV. 3. 20
Anthony, KS 67003.United States of America. II. 1. 83
Perkins, OK 74059.United States of America. III. 1. 94
Wichita, KS 67211.United States of America. II. 1. 158
Wichita, KS 67202.United States of America. II. 1. 159
Wichita, KS 67218.United States of America. II. 1. 159
Wichita, KS 67208.United States of America. III. 1. 163
Wichita, KS 67220.United States of America. III. 2. 168

I even had to edit in some dots so that even I could read that, it'll need a lot of work before I can routinely use the information. Although there might be other sources for that sort of information, I will do my best to continue keeping my readers up to date on such things and in the event that something should happen before I have it all figured out, I can still do it the old fashioned way and simply tell you who felt it, where, how many folks, and how many miles away like I do sometimes, anyways!

Since I also had to list this 3.6 Richters Earthquake that struck up there in a somewhat unusual location near Wala-Wala, Washington. . . I will try to upload this to a Lotus 1-2-3 format type of file and see if my Works Word Processor will be of any help in creating columns, let's try it here:

City.......State.....Zip...USA.......................................#.....Km
Adams, OR 97810 United States of America............1.....20
Pendleton, OR 97801 United States of America.......25.....26
Athena, OR 97813 United States of America...........6.....28
Walla Walla, WA 99362 United States of America...1.....52
Echo, OR 97826 United States of America.............1.....54
Elgin, OR 97827 United States of America............1.....55
Hood River, OR 97031 United States of America.......1....243
Kuna, ID 83634 United States of America.............1....309
Hillsboro, OR 97124 United States of America........1....343

Although I had to add a couple things there such as that handy # symbol this format otherwise seems to adapt to the columns in my blog rather ok! Still not in alphabetical order, but I do not know of a program that'll do that and infact they are in order according to how many miles from the epicenter! Might have to get used to that, since it's a fairly complex computer algorithm behind all of that info in the first place, sorry it's the best I can do for now.

Keep watching for one more "Hurricane Bret Resultant," or in this case it would be the "Typhoon Hagupit Resultant," because it may still be out there! We WERE still watching the day the 7.1 Richters Earthquake struck us out in Los Angeles!!! You can even ask Lori Wexler:))) Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy


One more chance to catch this weeks EQ Video Log at Youtube: http://youtu.be/nK1LF05S6RI

Check Out My E-Book "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" @ http://www.eqalert2.blogspot.com Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy

No comments: