Thursday, January 29, 2015

5.7 Richters Strikes Just Offshore From Eureka in Northern California and a 3.8 Strikes 86 Miles Northwest of London!!! UPDATE: 2.8 Strikes Near Downtown Seattle!!!

UPDATE: 2.8 Richters Earthquake otherwise might have gone unnoticed except it shook very near downtown Seattle today! Unbelievable felt report includes lots of major towns in immediate area, too!! SEE at Earthquake Central: http://eqalert.blogspot.com/2015/01/big-28-richters-earthquake-strikes-at.html NOW Todays EQ Blog:

Today there are far too many earthquakes for me to adequately be able to write about all of them and a lot of them could be considered to be significant, too. Including one very near the Ortega Highway in Southern California, but again since the new maps do not have a scale of miles I am not able to tell how many miles that might be from Ortega Highway. . . perhaps about half the length of that highway to the north at Trubuco Canyon. Some of the other minor ones were at Chester, California and Curran, Nevada. Here is the felt report from the 5.7 Richters Eureka Earthquake of 2 or 3 Wednesday Afternoon Central Time: http://eqalert.blogspot.com/2015/01/57-richters-earthquake-strikes-offshore.html There was also a 2.4 just 4 miles south of Carpenteria, California with 24 felt reports from that town along the Pacific Coast just east of Santa Barbara.

There was also a 3.6 Richters that struck over near London, England, AND although this info might also be posted at Earthquake Central, I decided to just post it here, so here is the felt report from 3.6 that struck 86 miles Northwest of London:

Town....England.UK...................................#.....Km
Oakham, England United Kingdom............10.....14
Wymondham, England United Kingdom.....4.....14
Stamford, England United Kingdom...........1.....18
Uppingham, England United Kingdom.......2.....20
Wittering, England United Kingdom...........3.....23
Peterborough, England United Kingdom.......3.....34
Barrow upon Soar, England United Kingdom...1.....35
Leicester, England United Kingdom..........8.....35
Anstey, England United Kingdom.............3.....37
Eye, England United Kingdom................1.....37
Wisbech, England United Kingdom............1.....37
Newark-on-Trent, England United Kingdom....6.....44
Holbeach, England United Kingdom...........2.....49
Ibstock, England United Kingdom............1.....51
Huntingdon, England United Kingdom.........1.....54
Northampton, England United Kingdom........1.....56
Sutton Bridge, England United Kingdom......1.....59
Grimsby, England United Kingdom............1....103

There have also been many, many aftershocks from Wednesdays 5.7 Offshore Eureka Earthquake and since this all came in late on Wednesday I will have an update on that earthquake in tomorrows EQ Blog, but for today we do know there is still plenty of earthquake stuff shaking out there and there could still be untold amounts of Major Earthquakes yet to come, especially with the Early February Full Moon just around the corner next week!!! EQ Guy

Check Out My E-Book "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" @ http://www.eqalert2.blogspot.com Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I live in Oakham my flat shook fairly nicely it's the first time I've been awake for an earthquake we've only had smalls ones in the past, is this normal, I think I could hear the rumble before it hit my flat and I could hear it rumble off after

Unknown said...

I live in Oakham my flat shook fairly nicely it's the first time I've been awake for an earthquake we've only had smalls ones in the past, is this normal, I think I could hear the rumble before it hit my flat and I could hear it rumble off after