Friday, January 9, 2015

2.5 Richters Earthquake Strikes Very Near Beautiful Downtown Hayward, California!!!

A close look at the epicenter of the 2.5 Richters Earthquake at Hayward, California shows that it was less than a mile south of Hayward High School and even closer, practically at the Pioneer Stadium of California State University East Bay, and in the area of one mile south of Hayward City Hall right there in the middle of Beautiful Downtown Hayward, California and just next door to the Lucky Supermarket, there!!! Here's the felt report, but if the shaking gets too much bigger at that location they could be in trouble, too!!!

City.....Zip....CA.....USA......................................#.....Km
Fremont (94555) CA United States of America........2.....13 km
Hayward (94541) CA United States of America........6......6 km
Hayward (94542) CA United States of America........5......6 km
Hayward (94544) CA United States of America........9......6 km
Oakland (94601) CA United States of America........1.....19 km

In addition to the big towns listed above in that abbreviated list, there was also Castro Valley-9, San Leandro-13, and Union City-1, and that list was continuing to grow as of press time even though I checked and rechecked the actual time of the earthquake and it appears to have been at 8:49pm Central, and 6:49pm Pacific and apparently the felt reports continued to come in! Let's check it right now, and I even see that Hayward 94544 has gone up from 9 to 13 even since a few moments ago when I cut and pasted the above! I might update later if they don't get even more earthquakes or an even bigger one!!!

Well, I have been having some trouble with my main EQ Blog page as some of you have no doubt noticed, and yesterday got into a terrible mess with the buttons that go between the "Compose" Page and the "All Posts" Page. Problem was that there is a page in between where it gives me the option of changing everything all around and that is basically what happened! You have probably already noticed and you are probably reading on the very messed up page right now! Yes, I haven't any idea at all how to get the page back to how I like it. . . and it's very possible it will never be returned to the "Classic Style" that I have been running on here for so many years! The "Mobile" version has been changed, too, although I am not exactly sure what the mobile version looked like before I started changing things there, too!

Friday I'll be going to the funeral for my fathers second wife and I was asked to be a pallbearer. Dad and my Step-Mother Barb were huge fans of my work in the movie business!!! Here is a great pic of them taken from their 1996 Christmas Card. Dad passed away in 2003.
Here is a look at that obit@ http://www.gazettextra.com/20150107/barbara_a_brown_janesville_wi_1935_2015

As of press time on todays EQ Blog I have not got an exact correlation for just sub-zero temperatures alone. Many for snow, high winds, and sub-zero temperatures, but right at the moment it's just mostly the sub-zero temperatures alone and one might only guess that there could be some reaction to the extreme cold when it comes to tectonic plates. The best correlation if you can call it that, is the story I told on a recent "EQ Radio Show" about that "Smart Millwright" who suggested using dry-ice to free up a STUCK VALVE in a High-Pressure Steam Turbine. Well, we hammered and hammered and it remained stuck until my now very famous friend suggested putting dry-ice on it. Wasn't too long after doing just that and the big valve was UN-STUCK!!! So, apply several bags of dry-ice to a valve that was like 24 inches across and it shrinks, freeing it. . . apply the sub-zero temperatures we're getting to the Northern U.S. and parts of the south, and we might expect a stuck fault line somewhere to do the same! So be watching for the tinyist of fault lines to free up from having possibly been stuck for a lot of years, like possibly millions! And be prepared! EQ Guy


Check Out My E-Book "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" @ http://www.eqalert2.blogspot.com Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy

No comments: