Monday, July 1, 2013

Couple at Marina Del Rey, Oklahoma, Swarm at Hawaii, and Alaska Shaking Some!

When I got home late last night I checked and didn't see too many earthquakes and specifically none to really write about so I stayed up a few more hours and by about 11 there was a 2.8 at Marina Del Rey that popped up on the new latest earthquakes screen that automatically refreshes! But as I watched a few more minutes that was it, nothing else came up and then another Marina Del Rey popped up at the exact moment I was signing off and made me wonder after the computer had already shut off! So I was just a little anxious to turn it back on this morning and am right now typing and my tea is not even yet on the kitchen stove!

There is a lot to report and I'm sort of lately thinking if I want to lean at all towards being a source of latest earthquakes myself? Until I decide how far I want to go into that here are all the ones that struck after I signed off last night and decided not to write: 1.7 Fremont like 5 miles from Hayward, additional 1.6 Inglewood which couldn't be too far from the 2.8 and 2.1 Marina Del Rey, 3.0 Ferndale up near Eureka, 2 in Oklahoma, small swarms at Yellowstone, Hawaii, and Alaska, and one small shaker at Big Bear City. I was wondering if we should be worried at all about Alaska, because they seem to be moving along at about the same time as all the rest of these highly unusual California Shakers, but Alaska is not on any immediate alerts and so I might say they should watch for maybe getting some of this earthquake energy, but neither of these straight lines go that far north so I would have to double and triple check the line that goes through Eureka and see how far north it travels and if it is a high enough angle to possibly affect Alaska. Until then they might be watching for that 7 Magnitude shaker.

The final day on the big alert for Los Angeles will be July 3 and that is probably still a real earthquake out there that usually will not be sold for the price of a lot of swarms. . . rather, I think it is a fact that those swarms will probably be continuing UNTIL a Major Earthquake strikes out that way and then the Major Earthquake will also be the end of all the shaking finally! Keep Watching for that to happen, California!!! EQ Guy

No comments: