Tuesday, April 8, 2014

4.7 Richters Strikes 300 Miles South of Paris, France!!! 500 Miles From Algeria!!! More Coming!!!

I was measuring the distances from these towns in the region of this France Earthquake due to it looking kind of big and knowing it was situated up in that region where there is a Major Earthquake heading and hopefully just passing since by now everybody has seen, heard, or read Algiers, Algeria, Morocco, Azores, and Iceland in a number of EQ Blogs, etc., but while I may not have wrote Paris or France. . . it would not be unusual for such an earthquake to strike up in that region, although I do not know what the biggest Paris Earthquake of all time might have been?

This 4.7 also struck 800 miles Northeast of Lisbon, Portugal and 100 miles from Geneva. The thing that was probably the most notable from the perspective of watching that line, is the fact it looks like this earthquake energy might have actually run directly through Morocco and Algeria to get to this epicenter there in the middle of France! I measured about 500 miles from Algeria and the boundary with Morocco is not far from there and I can clearly see Algeria on the map right there in the middle of all the action as I am writing this. Fairly big felt report, but I did not see Paris on there and am not great with my French town names, so I won't bother with the felt report besides saying Paris isn't on the list. Rule I use there is 4.7 might be felt as many miles if you move the decimal point over one space in this case to the right, or 47 miles and Paris was 300 miles. Sort of a new experimental rule that I sort of just made up as I was preparing todays EQ Blog, but might need a little work. Prior to this use of that new "Move the decimal" rule, I had just glanced at the numbers in this case 4.7 and automatically just said 47 or 50 miles without moving the decimal, so you are up to date on that latest calculation I'm using. Didn't work so great earlier today when that 4.0 hit near Oklahoma City, because it was like 30 miles from Oklahoma City so according to my fairly new formula there might not be any felt reports from OKC. . . wrong, there were reports it looked like from just about every Zip Code, although mostly one or two's, so there is still at least some hope for my new numbers theory.

There have also been a number of earthquakes in Mexico at 4.7, 4.5, and 3.2 Enseneda. With the 4.7 being 137 miles West of Guatemala City, and the 4.5 at 327 miles Northwest of Guatemala City. And my notes say Gibraltar is in there somewhere, too!!!

Finally, continue to watch Mozambique because it still seems a bit unusual they do not seem to have gotten anything out of all this, yet, and New Zealand also, although the earthquake energy is going to split that tectonic plate boundary right up the middle on its way up and across the Pacific, it is very possible this will cause some kind of major movement of the islands out in that region too many to go into the list of all. Could be a huge earthquake for New Zealand, though and with a foreshock at Chile of 8.2 this could easily be an 8 Magnitude Earthquake for the New Zealand Neighborhood in the coming days. Los Angeles, Tijuana, and San Fernando is still very much along the line, too, so be watching L.A. and be prepared!!! Thank-You Again for Reading!!! EQ Guy

No comments: