Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Landfall of Typhoon Malakas at Japan!!! Thursday is Autumn Equinox Day!!! Tune-In To "Five Prediction Friday Earthquake Minute" on Friday!!!!!

Although the Autumn Equinox shouldn't have too much affect on the tectonic plates, we do remain watching for so much possible earthquake energy that as that exact moment nears and it'll be here early Thursday at 9:21am Central and 7:21am Pacific Time, we should watch for something to happen just the same!

It was a very frightening experience as I watched the South China Sea all through last week knowing Typhoon Malakas was heading directly for the South of Japan! It was all of Monday or Tuesday this week when that landfall finally occurred, though and now the results I'm seeing are just a little bit more than what I expected! Reason I was watching and might have mentioned it in earlier EQ Blog this week, was it could have meant a direct hit at California had the line crossing Japan pointed to California.
Imagine my surprise when the line now that the big windstorm has passed the line actually points directly to Ecuador!!! Along with nearby Peru and possibly as far south as Iquique, Chile due to it heading Southward across the Pacific from Japan and just brushing the Baja California Penninsula while just missing California. . . and instead now looking directly at Ecuador!!!

Reminds me to say that I'll be having all the details on that one along with lots of other BIG PREDICTIONS on This Weeks "Earthquake Minute" when we hit the airwaves Friday!!! I'm already going ahead and calling it "Five Prediction Friday"!!! So you can tune in to the station on Friday to hear that one and several others that should be striking in the coming days due to LOTS of Hurricanes and Typhoon having made landfall, I decided to give you ALL THE PREDICTIONS AT ONCE!!! Let's see how we do with FIVE!!! 5 for 5? Let's just wait and see and I'll have the link to the station in Fridays EQ Blog!!!

And a chance to see and hear all about those Big Windstorms in This Weeks "Earthquake Minute"!! CLICK Arrow: Watch Big Windstorms "Earthquake Minute" at YouTube@ https://youtu.be/RR0ghvaDUfM The Transcript Is at: http://earthquakealert3.blogspot.com/2016/09/lots-of-big-windstorms-earthquake.html

Here's the report I promised from that big Japan Earthquake that I've even seen upgraded to a 6.1 and although this here is not an actual USGS Report, it's a cut and pasted version of the one that comes to my E-Mail:

== PRELIMINARY EARTHQUAKE REPORT ==

Region: IZU ISLANDS, JAPAN REGION
Geographic Coordinates: 30.508N, 142.122E
Magnitude: 6.0
Depth: 10 km
Universal Time (UTC): 20 Sep 2016 16:21:17
Time near the Epicenter: 21 Sep 2016 01:21:17
Local standard time in your area: 20 Sep 2016 10:21:17

Location with respect to nearby cities:
360 km (223 mi) SE of Hachijo-jima, Japan
539 km (334 mi) SSE of Tateyama, Japan
540 km (334 mi) SSE of Katsuura, Japan
543 km (336 mi) SSE of Kawaguchi, Japan
617 km (382 mi) SSE of Tokyo, Japan

Having now had plenty of time to look this next report over, it is now looking more and more like it might actually still be an aftershock from the much bigger one in Italy some time ago:

4.1 - 9km ESE of Maltignano, Italy
2016-09-19 23:34

Nearby Places
Cittareale, Italy, 6.2 km (3.9 mi) N, Population: 158
Spoleto, Italy, 35.1 km (21.8 mi) ESE, Population: 19,266
Rieti, Italy, 38.6 km (24.0 mi) NE, Population: 39,068
Ascoli Piceno, Italy, 24.6 Miles WSW, Population: 41,741
L'Aquila, Italy, 40.9 km (25.4 mi) NNW, Population: 33,691

A check of the map showing the exact epicenter sort of confirms that its at or very near the epicenter of a lot of the shaking from earlier there, but I'm no expert and therefore am not able to accurately state that makes it necessarilly an aftershock. I do want to say, though, that right there is one of my possible predictions that I'll be discussing come Friday on my Earthquake Minute Radio Show! Although I'll let all my best regular readers off the hook right now and tell you the "Straight Line" that does in fact head directly through Italy. . . must pass directly through and past Seattle FIRST! Therefore as I write-up all the details for Fridays show, it's now looking more like I may have a big prediction for Seattle NOW. . . and extend it to Italy a little later but no prediction for Italy yet this Friday you understand! Be watching there, though because you could also right now be looking at a sizable FORESHOCK there!!! EQ Guy



Much more earthquake stuff I wrote all about in My E-Book, "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" @ http://www.eqalert2.blogspot.com Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy

No comments: