Sunday, January 13, 2013

5.6 Richters Strikes Gulf of Baja California!!! Keep Watching!

The headline for this blog post was going to be "All Clear For California?" and then my phone chimed with at 5.6 Richters Earthquake that struck out in the middle of the Gulf of California and so I went and double-checked through my notes and found the landfall of Tropical Cyclone Evan at Samoa on December 13, 2012! Notes say (American) due to me not exactly knowing for sure if there are two different Samoa's? If so, then we are talking about Samoa and NOT American Samoa. One of the Contractors that I worked for in California actually has gone on jobs in American Samoa, so I'm sure these are two different entities. I've actually even wanted to go out to American Samoa on one of those jobs where the guys from Can Lines, Incorporated (CLI) have been out there working. . . all that said I would STILL like to go out to American Samoa some day and work!!! I think they said a canning plant of some sort, they are usually tuna, or pineapple or one of those types of plants and we work on the machines and conveyors which move cans throughout those plants and then occasionally some boxes, too!

So, the landfall of Tropical Cyclone Evan was at SAMOA with winds of 110 Kmh and a storm surge of 4.5 Meters and while I suppose there could still be some earthquake energy headed for Baja California, I wouldn't expect it to be much more that the 5.6 that just struck there around 11am this morning my time. Therefore no All Clear for California as of this writing, partly due to the fact that some tectonic plate movement could just occur around that southern portion of the San Andreas Fault and could shake Los Angeles or Santa Barbara Regions. But WATCH and see if I'm right about it looking like no Major earthquake energy heading for California.

Continue to watch that Indian Ocean/Australian Tectonic Plate, too, because the Great Islamabad Earthquake was Day 43 after the landfall of Hurricane Katrina and tomorrow, Monday January 14, 2013 is Day 43 after the landfall of Super Typhoon Bopha at the Philippines. EQ Guy

No comments: