Sunday, May 5, 2013

2 Just Shook Idaho!!! WATCH For More!!! 5 or 6 Richters Coming???

Just saw a 4.2 struck 30 Miles Southeast of Pocatello, Idaho and then found another 3.6 struck there seven minutes later! Therefore I must write late tonight that this fair amount of earthquake energy just might be real and could actually happen! Let us continue to watch San Francisco and Eureka, California as well as anywhere else up and down our West Coast for some more earthquake energy to be released in the coming hours and days! While these two DO add up to 7.8 Richters. . . that should have nothing to do with the size of the grand finale we are watching for. Hopefully this potential one will be at least somewhat smaller and I want to stay with the numbers I recall using in one of my other recent EQ Blogs concerning this matter at 5 or 6 Richters. Granted 4.2 Pocatello is kind of a huge foreshock for something major and IS headed up more towards Oregon, Mt. St. Helens or Seattle, I'll still go on saying the biggest I might expect at this point would be 6.5 but please don't quote me, and let's leave the range at 5 or 6 Richters. Do note that there have been a lot of small shakers associated with this alert already, and if they continue on and stay small that's one thing. . . if they turn into one major earthquake we shouldn't have to wait too long to find out! Be Prepared! Happy 5th of May!!! EQ Guy

1 comment:

twisty58 said...

I had no idea about the Pocatello quake!!! This is kind of alarming!!! Please keep us up-dated on this! I'm in Hagerman, Idaho. Love ya EQ!
Tammy