Monday, May 6, 2013

Is There A Grand Finale Out There??? 5 or 6 Richters??? Who Goes to "Pick-A-Part"???

Yes they have been getting a lot of those little Wyoming, Yellowstone, Idaho, Aleutian Islands earthquakes as well as a 4 Richters shaker in New Zealand, but I'm writing tonight to say that it is looking more and more like there may not be a "Grand Finale" after all. I was asked when I thought the Grand Finale would be and so I checked and the temperatures in Denver, Bismark, and Rochester, MN are all presently hovering around the 70 Degree mark these days and I can't imagine much of those severe winter conditions from now several days ago still being present, rather I'm picturing folks out walking, jogging, biking, and rollerblading. . . hardly the type of activities that precede a major earthquake! HOWEVER, let us still continue to watch for a few more days just in case that 5 or 6 Richters of earthquake energy had already left the region and pushed along the tectonic plate boundary out west and something might still shake as a result. NOTE that I said MIGHT. After a few more days of Springlike temperatures across that once severely wintery region, then I will think about going back to another all clear. . . but not yet!

One of my favorite pastimes back in the days when I was working out in Los Angeles was checking out a place they called "Pick-A-Part" and I am writing today to say that sometimes you can get a Great Deal from these places that specialize in Used Auto Parts! Here is one example: http://www.pickapart.org/locations.html Although I know there were several more up in Sun Valley and I'm sure elsewhere and I even recall a number of these in L.A. being dedicated to just ONE Make of Vehicle on occasion! All Great Guys to deal with, too! So, I want to recommend Used Parts WHENEVER it is convenient! And don't be afraid to call a Junk Yard. . . or Salvage Yard to be more politically correct these days and see if they can help you out with whatever part you need for your car or truck! EQ Guy

No comments: