Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Should We Go With The "Gutenberg-Richter Law" and Say Major Shaking Is Over? Wednesday Update: Las Vegas Now a Swarm!!!

Wednesday Update: As I say in this here EQ Blog, not much going on. Early Wednesday started to notice Caliente, Nevada near Vegas now looking a lot like it could become a Major Swarm!!! Here's entire list from now 5 days at Earthquake Central: http://eqalert.blogspot.com/2015/05/caliente-nevada-5453-on-may-22-2015-and.html NOW Most Recent EQ Blog:

This subject has been mentioned a little bit over the last week or so, but then at the same time I also extended the number of days in the alert until, I believe at least Saturday. Looks right now like it could be the end of all the greatest of shaking and at some point I usually find it necessary to declare an official end date for all of the at least biggest earthquakes anyways.

This particular EQ Blog explains how the earthquakes have been getting smaller and how that theory is that it could be the end of all the shaking at Nepal very soon. It is from a week ago: http://earthquakealert.blogspot.com/2015/05/44-richters-strikes-37-miles-east-of.html AND for those of you that wish to be more enlightened on that subject, you may check out the actual "Gutenberg-Richter Law" at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gutenberg%E2%80%93Richter_law

This could be a sign that there is something going on in the Atlantic and was mostly something that happened over the weekend, but as of Early Tuesday there is no real sign that anything is happening in the Atlantic, so check it out and mostly just remember the Atlantic does get earthquakes and a big one could affect our East Coast some day, Note the 6.3:

5.2 Southern Mid-Atlantic Ridge 2015-05-24 21:06:24
5.1 Central Mid-Atlantic Ridge 2015-05-24 18:59:47
6.3 Southern Mid-Atlantic Ridge 2015-05-23 23:53:22***
4.9 Southern Mid-Atlantic Ridge 2015-05-23 23:07:20
5.0 Southern Mid-Atlantic Ridge 2015-05-23 19:39:36
5.2 Southern Mid-Atlantic Ridge 2015-05-19 05:14:10

In fact, it occurred to me at some point last week when I was very busy on a lot of other projects, that I had never actually completed my usual work on Tropical Storm Ana's landfall at Myrtle Beach. So, it was something that I went ahead and spent some time working on late Monday in preparation for this here blog and am quite surprised at what I found! When I lined up the spot on the globe where T.S. Ana made landfall and sort of turned my straight-line tool according to what direction it was heading at that landfall. . . I know I had already warned about Washington and Oregon, but now I wanted to check the Caribbean due to Trinidad and Tobago having gotten a 4.2 Richters Earthquake over the weekend that I suspected was due to the same landfall and of course I was correct again if I say so myself! Lines up perfectly with that landfall and the island or islands of Trinidad and Tobago out there south of Antigua and Barbuda where coincidentally I had also gotten a Great Alert out after the Tornado at El Reno, Oklahoma and yes Antigua and Barbuda had a similar earthquake! Sorry I did not research the Caribbean immediately upon Ana's landfall because earthquakes in the Caribbean could be much worse!

There was also a 3.1 Los Angeles Earthquake over the weekend and could be now a regular thing with some apparent "Hydraulic Fracturing" going on right there in the middle of that city! Naturally the felt reports extend to Whittier, Newport Beach, San Diego, and Santa Barbara and I suppose as is the case with Whittier. . . could be a factor in an eventual Major Earthquake there at some point, too!

Since I have to work tomorrow night and there might not be anymore Major Earthquake stuff going on, it is possible that I might prefer to wait a day or so and write in this EQ Blog when needed throughout this here upcoming "All Clear" sort of thing where we are only basically awaiting a couple of the smallest earthquakes and not really expecting anything else around the Indio/Australian Tectonic Plate. There is still that now 4.2 heading across country and towards Washington and Oregon and infact after I said "Mt. Rainier" there were even a few tiny earthquakes right there, too:

0.7 3km ESE of Rainier, Washington 2015-05-23 08:30:18
0.8 3km SSE of Rainier, Washington 2015-05-23 02:25:34
1.6 4km SSE of Rainier, Washington 2015-05-23 02:10:34
0.7 4km SE of Rainier, Washington 2015-05-22 01:43:01

Always impressed even myself whenever I say an obscure place like Mt. Rainier and THAT happens! Still tiny enough that I do not expect too much more shaking, but I will write in this EQ Blog the moment there is something shaking. . . or the next huge windstorm ushers in more new Major Earthquake Energy!!! EQ Guy


All My Best Earthquake Stories are in My E-Book, "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" @ http://www.eqalert2.blogspot.com Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy

No comments: