Thursday, March 14, 2013

Earthquakes Could Strike Eureka, Next!!! Offshore Coos Bay, Oregon and the Triple Plate Junction!!!

I just viewed the earthquakes that have occurred since I posted early today and notice practically a carbon copy of the Anza series of earthquakes from Monday. . . striking at Northern California today! Tell me if this series sounds familiar, 4.5, 3.9, 3.4, 2.7? The Anza Series started out with 2.6, 4.7, 3.0, and 2.8 and this whole sequence first at Anza on Monday, and then near Santa Rosa today might be leading to a similar series of earthquakes at Eureka. I had also just noticed the Queen Charlotte Islands also had a 3.9 a few hours ago, too. Therefore I might guess that the San Andreas Fault is pushing North American Tectonic Plate against the Pacific Tectonic Plate and the Triple Plate Junction should be affected by this movement in the coming hours. Hopefully this will not be reflected by too big of a Major Earthquake and I will bet on it being a similar series at Offshore Eureka, California or Offshore Coos Bay Oregon. I do know a little about the way the tectonic plates are situated up in that region and do not think Portland or Seattle should be affected by this, but it is a relatively new science and everybody should watch for this one just the same. Shouldn't be too big, with 6 or 7 Richters being about as large as an earthquake would probably go with this event. Then, Alaska up there at the top of that tectonic plate boundary, but I expect something to shake at the TPJ first, so be watching Eureka for the next hours and day or two and I will update after that one strikes!!! EQ Guy

No comments: