Friday, December 12, 2014

Next Major Sumatra Earthquake Heading For Great Nicobar Island at 6.6 To 8.0 Richters?

I know that was a question that I started out the headline in todays EQ blog with, although I had originally wanted to put my usual three exclamation marks there, it just happens to still be more of a question and let me explain why. Having now as promised gone all through the information related to landfall of Typhoon Hagupit and tracked the forward potential earthquake energy about as far forward and as accurately as I can the line comes out directly at The Grand Nicobar Island just to the north about 150 miles above Banda Aceh at the Northern most tip of the island of Sumatra. Now I am not exactly sure where the tectonic plate boundary will be actuated along this region and I also noticed the name Sunda Plate written on one of the maps I was consulting, too, so there could possibly be a small amount of interference there with that due to a Sunda Plate also needing to move in concert with this theory.

I also found Little Nicobar Island along the "Broad Line" where the exact straight line itself might not have actually intersected the Little Nicobar Island, but if you consider a line maybe fifty or more miles wide it could include some other spots such as Little Nicobar and Car Nicobar. This line also crossed directly through Malaysia and it could be possible that they could get some shaking or while I'm not sure the number of earthquakes they get at Sri Lanka, that island is along the line, too. Ultimately the line could also intersect Narobi, and Lake Tanganyika in Africa down the road but these do not commonly cross the Indian Ocean Tectonic Plate in that manner, just that it is possible.

Watch for Easter Island to show up in the list of latest earthquakes because they commonly shake prior to Peru getting Major Earthquakes and I'm not sure if the direction this possible earthquake is coming from will affect Easter Island, but it is heading directly for Lima, Peru, too!!! And we should probably note that the range I have been giving of 6.6 to 8.0 just might go bigger than 8.0 and maybe possibly like as high as 8.3 or 8.5 if it hits one of those regions that might be way overdue for a way bigger earthquake you know!!! Although that said, we might leave that range and just beware of even bigger earthquakes for some of those places.

There are also some offshore islands around Mexico and Central America that could experience early signs that a Major Earthquake is heading for either Peru, or West Coast so be watching for signs of tectonic plate movement, because these earthquakes tend to all begin shaking at once and the Major Shaking can go on for several days with people saying things like, "All the sudden there are all these earthquakes happening!!!" Be Watching and Be Prepared!!! EQ Guy


Check Out My E-Book "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" @ http://www.eqalert2.blogspot.com Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy

AND You may CLICK "Listen Live" to hear me at 5:00pm Central Time giving the time and call letters of the station as well as introducing the next show at 5:30!!! @ http://www.wortfm.org/ AND it doesn't seem like much. . . but easily enough for me to now be updating my resume and with one-year there looking for some good hours doing radio, somewhere, too!!! Thank-You!!! EQ Guy

No comments: