Friday, February 26, 2016

Santa Barbara Has Kept On Shaking!!! What Could Happen There? "Earthquake Minute" This Week???

I might have thought it would have just been those few small Santa Barbara Earthquakes that struck yesterday. . . and that we'd be well on our way to talking about something else today! As I scrolled the list of earthquakes early on Thursday Morning in preparation for re-posting yesterdays EQ Blog as a lot of you know I like to do and I suppose a lot of you view in the morning, too, sometimes! So, I scrolled all through those earthquakes and just went ahead and posted as usual. . .then as I was touring Milwaukee it occurred to me that there had been one additional Santa Barbara Earthquake that I did not go on and look into! As soon as I got home from the latest Sylvester Stallone movie "Creed" I immedietly checked and found that there had actually been a whole list of earthquakes there and when added with the previous ones to make viewing easier it is now 8 or 9 Earthquakes there! Here's the list including now February 24, and 25 and possibly a warning to watch there for more! I'll have to check to see if this is the tsunami prone fault line region there, too, because remember we HAD been watching for a Major Earthquake and Santa Barbara/Tsunami was one of the locations that I mentioned originally!!! And I can post more about that new Stallone movie later. . . right now here's that list as of early Friday:

1.9 19km SSE of Santa Barbara, California 2016-02-25 06:16:28
2.2 17km SSE of Santa Barbara, California 2016-02-25 06:11:33
2.7 17km SSE of Santa Barbara, California 2016-02-25 06:09:13
2.0 18km SSE of Santa Barbara, California 2016-02-25 06:07:48
2.0 18km SSE of Santa Barbara, California 2016-02-24 12:40:20
2.3 17km SSE of Santa Barbara, California 2016-02-24 11:53:52
2.1 18km SSE of Santa Barbara, California 2016-02-24 11:14:56

There was actually eight on this list, but one of them somehow picked up the name Carpenteria and just didn't look quite as good on that list although it may have only missed sharing the same epicenter with those others by a fraction of a mile or so. Now take a look at by far the biggest felt report from just those shakers on Thursday!!! Pretty impressive the fact that these earthquakes are being felt in Mexico all the way from Santa Barbara,too! Topanga is even reaching!!! Here's the list from the 2.7 near the top of the above list:

City...State.Zip.....USA....................................#.....Km
Goleta, CA 93117 United States of America....1.....43 km
Malibu, CA 90265 United States of America....2.....80 km
Topanga, CA 90290 United States of America.1.....98 km
Puebla, Baja California, Mexico......................1....443 km

Well, on this particular week I must report that there is some action shaking with the network now and without anymore details I'll give you the link to "Earthquake Minute" that we might be going ahead and using at various other stations on the network, but I'm a long way from being sure what we might do with this new concept folks! For now check out what that looks like on paper@ http://earthquakealert3.blogspot.com/2016/02/this-weeks-pacifica-network-version-of.html AND if "Earthquake Minute" might air on my local station Friday, then here's the Link to that station website, CLICK Listen Live when you go there@ http://www.wortfm.org/ Of course between 4:15 and 4:30pm Central Time! Keep watching New Zealand, Vanuatu, PNG, Jakarta and Indonesia for Earthquakes! California, too, and I suppose especially up around Santa Barbara where they've been getting them! EQ Guy



There's a lot of my very best earthquake stuff in My E-Book, "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" @ http://www.eqalert2.blogspot.com Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy

In the event you're reading this because you heard "Earthquake Minute" on one of the big Radio Networks somewhere, I have a page with all my "Bio Information" from my EQ Radio Show@ http://earthquakealert.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-eq-radio-show-monday-night-sept-30.html and it will have a lot of answers and some of my best stuff! Thank-You For Listening, Too!!! EQ Guy

No comments: