Monday, April 29, 2013

First a 3.2, NOW a 2.8 Richters Los Angeles!!! More Coming??? Here's My Opinion:)

Just 6 hours after the recent full moon [window] Los Angeles was struck by that 3.2 Richters earthquake which might have otherwise gone virtually unnoticed if it hadn't been for the fact that we were basically on 24 hour Earthquake Watch right at that moment. I have just now went back to that shaker and re-calculated the felt reports to find that Los Angeles alone had almost exactly 1000 Felt Reports! Now, this just in. . . another 2.8 has struck virtually the same spot a couple miles Southeast of Marina Del Rey. So just writing tonight to say it is possible that the original 3.2 could have been the "Main Shock" and tonights 2.8 could have just been a little aftershock, but do not quote me since my education is seriously in the junkyard where I have basically been for the last 3 or so days getting parts to fix my car! My own personal opinion on whether there is much more coming in the way of shaking for my friends in Los Angeles, or California for that matter, is NO. But, again, this is just my own personal opinion. . . the opinion of a guy who could NOT fix a tiny leak in the high pressure side of the power steering lines in his car. Cut the hose right at the spot where there was a tiny pin hole leak and placed a two-sided 3/8 inch braded hose link with two big hose clamps and power steering fluid still found a way to leak! Then tried Perma-Tex #2 and put it all back together again and it still, now very slowly, leaks! Might just go back to that junkyard where I bought the alternator because they have a nearly identical car to mine and just buy the top hose off of it! Unless anybody else knows what I did wrong? My only guess is I really need special "High-Pressure Fittings" to link the two hose sections and not a simple link with two hose clamps! AND it is also my opinion Los Angeles is not in any immediate danger of a major earthquake. . . but it is always a good idea to be prepared just in case!!! EQ Guy

No comments: