Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Full Moon is High Above Us!!! Will Our West Coast Get This Major Shaker???

Well my phone chimed at around 5 this afternoon and at first I was sort of in shock knowing the full moon window had started just a couple hours earlier. Then as soon as I checked my text message from www.twitter.com/earthquakes to see where the earthquake was and how big, it occurred to me that when I saw Sichuan, China that they were one of the probably MOST likely places to get a major earthquake with the full moon. In their case it would probably be considered a Major Aftershock, but just the same it still has the potential for doing a tremendous amount of damage at that very, very shaky Sichuan, China region where they have now had countless deaths due to earthquakes. The point that I suppose I want to make is that a lot of you folks reading this know there is bound to be something major shaking in the coming minutes and hours, but the folks in the Sichuan, China region probably DO NOT know that there is a slightly higher chance of earthquakes associated with the hours before and after a full and new moon. Also was surprised to see the moonrise so full looking and got a few Great Shots of it already tonight. Make sure you take a look outside and see it yourself just a little to the south tonight! And be watching because there will almost certainly be some amount of shaking and I'm very sorry to say that on this occasion it appears it might be our West Coast!!! 5.5 to 7 Richters? Be Watching and Be Prepared All! EQ Guy

No comments: