Thursday, December 5, 2013

3.3 and 2.7 Up In Lone Pine, California Region!!! Keep Watching California!!! ADD a 3.5 at Geysers, California Just In!!!

Just happened to be looking for a map and clicked on the first California earthquake that I seen on the list of latest earthquakes and couldn't believe what I was seeing! 3.3 Lone Pine, California! Thought "Where did that one come from" and then checked the time and it had only struck minutes before I was staring at it on the screen there in front of me. I now see that there was a 2.7 that followed around the same place there. Probably more useless information but if anybody is keeping track they add up to 6.0 Richters!!! And there you have my newest "Add-Em-Up Theory" for what its worth! Theory might need some more dialing in before it has any real net value, but that's how all theories start out!

Reports came in today that there had been a "Monday Night Football" Shaker up in Seattle where the Seahawks beat the New Orleans Saints and this 1 or 2 Richters shaker that I was not able to find posted at USGS struck in the first quarter at the exact time the Seahawks scored a touchdown! Might have been unable to find it due to not being sure where that game was played and not being too familiar with Seattle. . . and there were LOTS of earthquakes on that page due to Seattle having got many, many similarly small earthquakes in the days and hours since that Monday Night game was played and probably before, too, as far as the map being covered in small earthquakes.

Also found two small earthquakes struck Connecticut in the last week and felt reports came all the way from New York, too, Yonkers I believe! This was a 2.1 and a 2.2 with many felt reports. Pretty big shakers and I want to say there are still a lot more of these out there that we will need to continue watching for. Was Connecticut along that line from either the Kokomo Tornado or the Illinois Tornado? If so. . . there might be even MORE shaking up in that region because I do seem to recall some of that straight line heading up in that general direction. Anyways such straight lines do not always strike right at the intersection of the line and the shaky place, rather they act like earthquake energy and shake wherever with the actual epicenter being (I believe) the point with the most shaking. Not always exactly along that line, either.

My Technorati Rating has gone WAY UP since the day I signed onto it and I am like now UP around 1500 over my original around 14,000 and now hovering, although changing slightly each day, at around 11 and 12,000!!! Thank-You for all again for Reading!!! EQ Guy

No comments: