Friday, September 20, 2013

California, California, California!!!!! Keep Watching California!!!!!

It was only yesterday I was blogging about all of the earthquake stuff that was going on in California! Now here I am again today blogging about all the earthquake stuff that is going on in California! Very late last night there was a huge 3.9 Richters Earthquake with the epicenter of Borrego Springs, California! You can see all of the felt reports and the long list of aftershocks at Earthquake Central: http://eqalert.blogspot.com/2013/09/borrego-springs-earthquake-and.html While my initial question here was if there were any folks that felt both yesterdays and now todays, I checked and the answer is todays Borrego Springs Earthquake was felt in San Dimas, Covina, and Los Angeles as well as I noticed one felt report from Thousand Oaks. Therefore I am going to guess that the parts of the tectonic plate that were moving as a result of both of these shakers could well be connected in there somewhere since there were folks that did feel both of them. Perhaps there will be more shaking in that region, yet, then. And beyond the full moon window that will be more or less over tomorrow, but not the earthquake energy you know!

There is one interesting story about a Borrego Springs Earthquake that goes all the way back to my EQ Blog of June 8, 2010 when I was tracking the Potential Earthquake Energy from a huge Ohio Tornado and apparently even filed an O.P., although I did not locate it to link it here, and the result was that big 5.7 Earthquake that struck near San Diego on June 15, 2010 and delayed a San Diego Padres Game!!! @ http://earthquakealert.blogspot.com/2010/06/57-delayed-san-diego-padres-game-felt.html I seem to recall having been watching the Los Angeles Lakers Play-Offs in that timeframe and knowing a Major Earthquake could easily come to disrupt a major basketball game and was not aware there was a Padres Game in San Diego or I might even have mentioned that game, too, as my readers all know! The result was the name "Padre Kobe Quake."

Finally today as I write we now have SUPER TYPHOON USAGI headed directly between Taiwan and Philippines bearing down on HONG KONG with maximum windspeeds of over 200mph!!! This will not only be a huge natural disaster in the coming hours, but looks like it will most likely generate so much Major Earthquake Energy that it will very likely be preceding the next HUGE Earthquake/Tsunami Event!!! Looks like I will also have to make some changes to the script for my "EQ Radio Show" on September 30th!!!!! Thank-You for Reading, and listening!!!!! EQ Guy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"huge" 3.9? A 3.9 is considered pretty minor out here in California. We don't even get out of bed for anything less than a 6.0!