Tuesday, September 24, 2013

PROMO For "The EQ Radio Show" is Complete!!! Airs Soon!!!!!

Promo for "The EQ Radio Show" is complete! It will be airing very soon and Ken sent me a copy of it via E-Mail in MP3 format which as of this writing I am not able to upload from my hotmail so I will have that later. Went very well! When I first arrived having stopped by earlier in the business day to browse their record collection for a few of my songs and found one particular George Harrison song and an old John Lennon album. When I arrived later to record my promo, Ken suggested I use the George Harrison cut for background and I said that I though that song might have too long of an introduction but we could excerpt the chorus part. Then after the tour I took a look at the John Lennon LP and noticed it had many hit songs! Browsing I found "Imagine" a song I did not have on my show and thought a Great Song for the promo then because it is not already part of the show! So during the first take I blew the line "Day the Northridge Earthquake struck" and instead read it, "Day of the. . ." and then just said "CUT, CUT, CUT" due to not wanting to have to correct myself which I would simply do on the live show, but not during the recording of the promo, you know. It would come out, "Day of the Northridge Earthquake struck Los Angeles"

On the second take everything went PERFECT!!! Read perfect all the way through and even timed it perfect so the voice of the Great John Lennon takes over the last few seconds right at the end and it all came out at :55 seconds, and so Ken said that was perfect, too!

Throughout the day I went around to a couple of the different local Madison Libraries and managed to find a couple CD's with almost every song now that I intend to use on my show and am going tomorrow to get the final two, however, if anybody still has a request I still have time to make some changes and a couple of the songs that I am thinking about using could still be replaced with even better songs! Currently I'm thinking about replacing "Don't Stop Believing" with the song "Pinball Wizzard" by Elton John due to it having that strong piano to start my show and just being a stronger song. I have now already officially replaced "Long as I can see the light" by CCR with "Abraham, Martin, and John" although I might move the CCR song to some other place it was just a story about the local power company I worked for and the "Light" part sort of jived, you know!

Very comfortable in the studio, again! Haven't been in the control room doing radio for a lot of years, but I will have the controls at my fingertips throughout my "EQ Radio Show" a week from tonight, or Monday. And Ken said it looks like it is all going well and is very happy with my show going together very nicely! I must say I am getting fairly anxious to get in there on Monday Night, September 30th at 7pm Central Time and get "The EQ Radio Show" on the road!!!

Haven't had too much in the way of earthquake notifications today so Please Keep Watching because as you can read in my other recent EQ Blogs including yesterdays @ http://earthquakealert.blogspot.com/2013/09/super-typhoon-usagi-will-mean-enormous.html and don't forget that there is still so far the one BIG Official Prediction for Anchorage, Helena, and New Madrid and they have been getting plenty of action, too! You can still see that here: http://earthquakealert2.blogspot.com/2013/09/official-prediction-for-major.html

So Keep Watching and Be Prepared Anchorage, Guadalajara, Mazatlan, Helena, and New Madrid because right at the moment there is a small amount of earthquake heading that way. . . and a huge amount heading for China, Nepal, and those Pacific Islands!!! EQ Guy

No comments: