Monday, June 22, 2015

Compare Last Years Landfall of Hurricane Odile at Baja California, Some Fairly Big Sized Earthquakes Followed!!!

Since discussing all of those earthquakes that are now supposed to be following the landfall on June 6-7, 2015 of Hurricane Blanca at Baja California, I took some time to check for other hurricanes that made somewhat similar landfalls and today I want to begin with Hurricane Odile of September 14, 2014. You can find various EQ Blog entries concerning Odile by checking through 2014 in the index, but I will run anything that I find of interest worth repeating a link to a specific one later.

I was surprised, although I probably should not have been due to this having been what I was looking for in the first place, but found a 6.2 Richters Earthquake 65 miles Northwest of Anchorage on Day 10 after landfall of Hurricane Odile of September 14, 2014, Here's that felt report from that big earthquake that followed on September 25, 2014 at Anchorage: http://eqalert.blogspot.com/2015/06/62-richters-struck-81-miles-northwest.html

Of course I have already mentioned in some of my writings up to this point that we should also watch Central America due to there being a direct straight-line going right through there. So, again I probably should not have been too surprised when I discovered there was also a 7.3 Nicaragua Earthquake of October 13, that you can also see at USGS still and there you may visit the felt report if you wish to view that: http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/usb000slwn#general_summary

Both of those are directly in line with the line of possible Major Earthquake Energy that we will now be watching for a while into the future. Additionally those are also two probably major places that we should have to watch right now for the possible occurrence of anything that may be quite similar to the events that followed that most recent landfall. At that time there were probably no other sources for any shaking as major as those and they certainly tell me we are watching for that much earthquake energy, but coincidentally agree with the numbers I've already been giving of 6.6 to 7.3 Richtters, so let us continue watching for that amount.

I noticed Day 10 after Odile, or the day that Anchorage Earthquake struck would have fallen on June 16, 2015 and would have now already been past, so it is MORE Than time to be watching for California and all these places including Kathmandu!!! And Be Prepared!!! EQ Guy


Much more earthquake stuff I wrote all about in My E-Book, "Bringing Earthquakes To Life" @ http://www.eqalert2.blogspot.com Thank-You For Reading!!! EQ Guy

No comments: