Saturday, January 25, 2014

2.1 San Fernando Near Baldwin Hills Reservoir!!! ALSO My Very First "EQ Podcast"!!!

There was also some kind of an earthquake that struck up around Virginia City, Nevada that was originally posted as a 2.7 and upon seeing it I gasped briefly thinking they are getting bigger and bigger and that it may indicate that ultimately a major one might shake up there somewhere, when I then noticed the USGS report comes up "Deleted"? So I checked out the region and also found a 1.8 that struck moments ago as well as:
THAT'S RIGHT!!! The Bucket of Blood Saloon!!! Photo although posted onto the Google Earth app, did credit Brent Cooper a Reno person with that great pic!!! Made me miss the old place where a guy could always make an occasional day trip from my old days of construction up in that region, you know!

There had also been a 2.1 San Fernando Earthquake earlier today that I discovered was very near the site of the dam failure of 1963 Baldwin Hills Reservoir. After it was built like in the 20's or 50's it was found to be located on a "Secondary Fault" and one You Tube vid actually showed the dam as it collapsed and flooded a lot of houses. Now that I think about it I'm not really sure these two events are even connected due to Baldwin Hills being on the other side of Los Angeles, but anyways it made an interesting story for todays EQ Blog and Fridays 2.1 San Fernando WAS right at the edge of The Van Norman Dam with a huge reservoir right there nearby, just sayin'

Check out my Very First "EQ Podcast" !!!!! @
CLICK the arrow and give it a listen!!! Not sure when the next EQ Podcast will be or if that will be a weekly, every so often, or every few days sort of thing or what, but I do know we should continue to watch for earthquakes and we are getting a consistent number of them with the possibility something major could shake still out there!!! Thank-You for Reading, Watching, and Listening!!! EQ Guy

No comments: